Many cakes are delicious on their own but when you add additional fruit fillings they can be really amazing! Strawberries in particular are such a versatile fruit and they complement so many desserts. Fruit filling also divides the cake and frosting helping to even out taste and texture.
Table of Contents
- Strawberries are a favorite fruit filling
- Strawberries make a good pairing with others
- Delicious and easy fruit filling recipe
Strawberries are a favorite fruit filling
Strawberries are the most favorite fruit in the bunch in my opinion. They are healthy, taste delicious, and are sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Strawberries make people happy and they liven up even the most casual events or gatherings. From cake fillings to toppers to strawberries dipped in chocolate, you can get so creative and use strawberries in many baking or decorating mediums.
Strawberries make a good pairing with others
Adding strawberry cake filling to your next cake is easy and you can pair it with other icings and frostings. Strawberry cake filling can be paired with strawberry cake of course but also with chocolate cake, vanilla cake, lemon cake, white cake, cheese cake and even watermelon cake…there are many options. What is your favorite?
Adding strawberry cake filling to your next cake is easy and you can pair it with other icings and frostings. Keep in mind the following key tips listed in the recipe below. Always read the recipe in its entirety so you are prepared and you don’t miss anything important. For more thoughtful ideas and baking/kitchen preparation these 15 Top Cake Baking Tips and Tricks are essential for me and I know they will help you too.
If you’re a stickler for perfection and don’t want to waste any part of the strawberry when coring or cutting I recommend using a berry huller/stem remover and slicer. It seems like so much of the strawberry is wasted trying to get the stems off, cores cleaned out, and/or sliced for decoration.
Delicious and easy fruit filling recipe
Strawberry Cake Filling Recipe
- 3 1/2 cups Fresh strawberries or Frozen whole berries no juice
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Corn starch
- 3/4 cup water
- If using fresh strawberries wash, cut stems, hull cores, cube, or mash down with a potato hand masher tool or something similar before/during cooking. This makes it easy to reduce down.
- If using frozen whole berries (no juice, no stems) just defrost to room temperature, drain excess water, and cut/mash before the reduction process.
- In a large saucepan combine fruit, sugar, and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until almost boiling. Continue mashing and stirring for a few minutes.
- Separately mix cornstarch with water until the cornstarch is completely dissolved. Add to the pot of strawberries, stirring constantly until light boiling, water is burned off, and thickened like a loose jam. Takes a few minutes. (if needed turn the heat low, stirring a few extra minutes to cook off loose liquid)
- Turn off the heat and let it sit while it continues to thicken more. Completely cool before using-cannot be warm at all-room temperature or chilled.
- Shelf Life Store in an air tight container after completely cooled. Stays fresh in the frig for 5-7 days and 3 months in the freezer.Once thawed do not re-freeze.
If you love strawberries please take a look at my Watermelon Cake with fresh strawberry puree and fresh strawberry buttercream frosting! Yes you can use strawberries to make watermelon cake.
I hope you like my Easy Strawberry Cake Filling Recipe. Thanks for visiting. Happy Baking!
Check out some of my latest cake creations to inspire your next design:
- World Map Travel Cake – Birthday Cake IdeasWorld Map Travel Cake – Birthday Cake Ideas is perfect for any Bon Voyage Birthday Party! Happy trails to your next destination.
- Heavenly Raspberry Chocolate Ganache CheesecakeIs there anything better than a cheesecake with raspberry and chocolate ganache?
- How-To Cover a Cake with Fondant – Fondant 101Learn how to cover a cake with fondant icing – Fondant 101. 5 easy-to-follow steps along with more fondant tricks and tips.
- Adorable Princess Unicorn Cake IdeasA perfect birthday cake for a little girl who wanted a princess, a unicorn, flowers, and a bumblebee. Princess + Unicorn = Happy Birthday Girl!
- Delicious Watermelon Cake IdeasWatermelon cake ideas are the perfect summer party theme! No one can resist this fun watermelon-themed birthday cake. Bright red, pink, and green watermelon makes everyone happy.